Innate Intelligence, Nerves and Pain

My last blog was about Innate Intelligence and how it is constantly healing you and replacing older cells – all while regulating every single function and every single cell in your body. This flow of healing energy happens via your nervous system. All messages originate in the brain, travel down your spinal cord, and then out through the spinal nerve roots which are located in between each of the spinal vertebrae. These nerves then divide into smaller nerves which end up in every single cell of your body. Most of the time, this process works beautifully. But if there is even the least amount of interference to this nerve flow, there will be pain or loss of function. This nerve interference is often caused by a spinal subluxation (misalignment). These subluxations can be caused by one of the following: physical trauma, toxins, or stress (mental or physical). Subluxations can be devastating to your health. Whenever you are subluxated, toxic information goes into the brain. In an effort to protect itself, the brain releases stress hormones, Cortisol and Adrenalin. In the short-term, this response is necessary, as it could save your life. But if this “Stress Response” goes on long-term, these chemicals are extremely detrimental to your health.


A subluxation might cause pain (30% of the time). But 70% of the time, it causes the improper function of glands or organs. The reason for this is that only 10% of the nerves in your body are able to sense pain. The other 90% of the nerves are involved in the functioning of your fundamental bodily functions. So by the time a person has pain, the subluxation has usually been there for some time. Other than the obvious fall or injury, most people I see have a chronic subluxation that has been there awhile. There might have been a final “straw that breaks the camel’s back”, but most spinal problems are not new.

So what do you do when you have pain? First of all, do not panic. You do not usually make good decisions when you are in fear. Realize that pain is not the enemy, it is the messenger. Its purpose is to get your attention and keep you from hurting yourself further. Inflammation is the underlying cause of pain. It is a normal and necessary part of the healing process, so we do not want to stop inflammation. When you have spine pain, use ice first – 20 minutes on and 40 minutes off. It is amazing how much this can help. Gentle stretching is usually appropriate. The motion almost always helps unless there has been massive trauma. This is when you are likely to need an adjustment, so see your chiropractor as soon as possible.

It is so important to remember that your Innate Intelligence is always on the job, doing what is best for you – even if it is painful. You can trust that more than you can trust anything. It is wise beyond belief. When you live in that truth, you can relax and trust your body to keep you healthy.

When is the last time you or your loved ones had a spinal check-up to make sure your/their Innate Intelligence is able to work optimally? It’s never too late, no matter what age you are.

Who do you know that could benefit from chiropractic care? Mention this blog for your complimentary consultation and exam ($75 value!) to see if chiropractic can help you!* Call us today at (512) 346-3536 or request an appointment here.

*Offer not valid for Medicare beneficiaries or Personal Injury Cases. Office hours by appointment only.

Roya1234 none 9:00 AM - 1:00PM
3:00PM - 6:00PM 9:00 AM - 1:00PM 9:00 AM - 1:00PM
3:00PM - 6:00PM 9:00 AM - 1:00PM Closed Closed Closed chiropractor # # #,+P.C./@30.368612,-97.756155,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xc8e84e1a554e632b?sa=X&hl=en-PH&ved=2ahUKEwiqntrytpvqAhUSVpQKHXsyDhMQ_BIwCnoECBYQCA